A good analysis of how U.S. foreign policy is disastrous for the economy and everyday Americans from therealnews.com.
Should the world have one superpower?
- Obama’s foreign policy under top adviser Brezinsky is the same as the neocons (In Zbigniew Brzezinski’s The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy and Its Geostrategic Imperatives (1997), he outlines his case for how current American global supremacy should be used to further a long running elite plan for the unification of the world under the dictates of the United Nations.)
- Embedded in the American psychy is the idea that “we are the best”, which equates to we are the most powerful. Most people are thus equating power with virtue!
- There are no correlations between the hundreds of U.S. bases abroad and American wealth & prosperity at home
- Since the fall of the Soviet Union, there is no country that even comes close to matching the U.S. military might. So why keep the bases? Ron Paul was right! Shut down all bases abroad in 130+ countries.
- The Carter doctrine put priority on defending oil, now the U.S. is engaged in unwinnable wars in Afganistan and Iraq for this purpose. Beyond that, since the invasion of Iraq in 2003, oil has gone from $30 to $140 a barrel- so Jimmy Carter’s plan has clearly failed!
- U.S. dollar has also lost 1/4 of its value since the start of Iraq invasion.
Overall, this has all been a disaster for the U.S. economy, but even more so, daily lives of average Americans have been and are being ruined.